Thank you for your interest to share your weather data with Windfinder. Join the largest network for wind- and & water sports related weather stations with more than 20400 weather stations already reporting to Windfinder.
Please only submit your weather station if located at or near the coast, a mountain, or lake where one of the following sports can be performed: kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, surfing, landboarding, buggykiting, boating, paragliding, snowkiting. Please submit your weather station only if wind direction and wind speed are measured accurately.
Which weather station model do you own?
- Ambient Airbridge
- Ambient WeatherBridge
- Awekas Bridge
- ...and others
Submit weatherstation data
Please note: This also works for Meteohub, Ambient Airbridge, Ambient WeatherBridge, Awekas Bridge, weatherBoxx and Meteoplug.
We already have adapters for the following weather software:
- Cumulus (file: realtime.txt)
- HeavyWeather (file: history.dat)
- Mobotix cameras with connected Davis weather stations
- PC-Wetterstation; wswin (No file upload needed. We will send you a template file that you can use)
- WeatherDisplay (No file upload needed. You will get an ID and password after your registration)
- WeatherLink (file: downld02.txt)
In general we can process almost any tabular and other data format. Here is an example for a tabular data format:
Date \t Time \t AirTemp \t MaxTemp \t Windspeed \t Gusts \t WindDir \t Barometer \t Rain
- Times must be in local time and in any common format like 16.2.2010 or 2010-02-16 14:30 or 2:30pm
- Wind speeds must be indicated in knots
- Air pressure in hPa
- Rain in mm/h
- As delimiter we accept komma, semicolon, TAB (0x09) or "\t" (without the double quotes)
- If you use tabular data one or more header lines are welcome (though not mandatory)
The ideal frequency for the data is one record every 5 minutes. If a file contains more than one data record per 5 minutes we average them to 5 minute data.
Please fill out this form to give us details about your weather station. We will contact you afterwards.